Fantastic dollar store finds
AMERICAN FLAG ~ click image to print
MATERIALS FOR FLAG CRAFT PROJECT:
Print of American Flag
(Please note: there are 2 methods to apply the flag - read both ways to decide which will work best for you)
Closely trim the flag. Apply Modge Podge to the back of the image. Position the flag on the container. Let sit in place for a least an hour or 2. When dry, paint a coat of Modge Podge over the image, let dry.
For best results with this particular project, it is best to use a laser print verses an ink jet print. The ink jet print will tend to 'smear' when it comes incontact with the Modge Podge. Laser prints however will not smear.
Alternative to using Modge Podge and laser print:
Avery sticker paper - size : full sheet
Print of American Flag
Contact brand shelf paper - CLEAR
Dollar store container
If you don't have access to a laser printer try this method of apply the flag to the container(s):
Print the flag with inkjet onto Avery sticker paper.
Once the paper comes out of the printer, apply a sheet of Contact brand CLEAR over the flag. Smooth the clear Contact over the flag - getting rid of any air pocket.
Proceed to closely trim the flag. When done cutting the flag, peel away the backing of the sticker and apply the flag onto the container.
Click on vintage flag image to print
Craft pattern outline American Flag
Make a wood flag with a jute hanger.
Materials: White Elmer's glue, flag image, scrap wood, jute string, red acrylic paint, Mod Podge Matte-Mat-Mate, glue gun
INSTRUCTIONS for creating a wood flag sign:
(1) Print out the flag image on standard white copy paper, then trim down the image.
2) Next, measure and cut a piece of scrap wood size 11" wide x 2 1/2"
3) Lightly sand and paint the wood red
4) Next, brush on a thin layer of Elmer's white glue on the painted wood. Add a drop or 2 of water to the glue so it will spread easily.
5) Quickly position the flag copy onto the wood and gently smooth out any ripples or bumps.
6) Let dry overnight.
7) Paint a coat of Matte Modge Podge water base sealer over the paper print. If you find the ink smears, then obtain copy of the flag from a laser printer.
8) For the hanger: dot some glue on the and right and left sides of the wood. Knot the ends of the jute string and attach the knots onto the hot glue..