Craft pattern outline American Flag
INSTRUCTIONS for creating a wood flag sign:
(1) Print out the flag image on standard white copy paper, then trim down the image.
2) Next, measure and cut a piece of scrap wood size 11" wide x 2 1/2"
3) Lightly sand and paint the wood red
4) Next, brush on a thin layer of Elmer's white glue on the painted wood. Add a drop or 2 of water to the glue so it will spread easily.
5) Quickly position the flag copy onto the wood and gently smooth out any ripples or bumps.
6) Let dry overnight.
7) Paint a coat of Matte Modge Podge water base sealer over the paper print. If you find the ink smears, then obtain copy of the flag from a laser printer.
8) For the hanger: dot some glue on the and right and left sides of the wood. Knot the ends of the jute string and attach the knots onto the hot glue..